One of my favorite go-to meals are parmesan crusted chicken tenders. Not only are they super tasty, but the hubby and kids love them as well. So good that we rarely have any leftovers!
If you are looking for a tasty alternative to coating your chicken with flour before cooking, try these babies out and let me know what you think!
- Chicken (cut in strips)
- Seasoning (seasoned salt, pepper, etc)
- Parmesan cheese (shredded and grated)
- 1 egg
- 1.5-2 tablespoons of Grey Poupon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Parsley (optional)
- Season raw chicken strips to taste and set to the side. I season my chicken with seasoned salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and a little paprika.
- Heat olive oil in pan
- In a small bowl, combine 1 egg and Grey Poupon. Mix together well.
- Dip chicken in egg wash then coat with shredded parmesan cheese
- Once chicken is coated in shredded cheese, top off with a little grated cheese (this helps keeps it all together when frying)
- Your oil should be hot enough by this point. Place strips in oil and fry a few minutes on each side. Make sure your edges are pretty browned before trying to flip chicken to other side. You don’t want the cheese to end up sticking to the pan instead of to the chicken (which happens sometimes when you flip it too soon).
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove from pan and sit on paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve right away with your favorite dipping sauce on the side.